Spring is almost here, which means it’s time to get your home in tip-top shape. A good, deep spring cleaning is a tradition that not only promotes wellness by keeping your environment clean and organized, it also helps carry the fresh-start feeling well into the summer.
The Greenspring Rug Care team has the following Spring cleaning tips to share with you.
- As you’ve been hibernating throughout the winter and piling on the sweaters and blankets, there’s a good chance that clutter – and your lists of chores – have been piling up as well. Start small – don’t try to attack your entire house at once. Think about clearing one room, or even one closet, at a time.
- When this is complete, sort it out. Go through your space and separate your belongings into categories. Determine the things you will keep on hand, store for later, sell, donate, or throw away.
Spring Cleaning Overhaul
- Once you’ve cleared out the clutter, give your home some much-needed TLC. Empty out your kitchen fridge and thoroughly clean it. Sweep under your large appliances, like the stove and the fridge, and larger furniture pieces, like dressers, desks and the beds. Clean vinyl or wood blinds and take any curtains or drapes to the cleaners. Flip your mattress. Don’t just clean your sheets; wash your pillows and mattress covers as well. Deep clean the bathroom.
- After these more thorough tasks, do your usual scrubbing, mopping, dusting, and vacuuming.
- Change or your AC or furnace filters regularly. This will help you reduce the amount of dust particles that build up in your home.
- Scheduling annual maintenance on your HVAC system before the seasonal rush is always a great idea.
- Put the spring back in your dirty keyboards with cotton swabs. If certain keys are sticking, or your entire keyboard just doesn’t have the same pop that it used to, chances are dirt and crumbs are the culprits.
- Your smart devices and tablets most likely need a good cleaning too. Remember to spray the disinfectant spray on a micro-fiber cloth or paper towel first and then wipe the unit!
- Clean the inside and outside of all your windows.
- If it’s warm enough, open the windows and let the fresh air in as you freshen up your home. When your work is done, not only will the sun be shining – your house will too.
Carpets, Rugs and Furnishings
Most importantly, have the surfaces in your home like your rugs, carpet, and upholstery professionally cleaned. An expert can remove more dirt and allergens than regular cleaning can achieve. Furthermore, regular care will make them last a lifetime.
For all of your area rug cleaning and repairs, contact Greenspring Rug Care today at 410-667-RUGS or request service online.